Wednesday, 1 July 2009

Summer

Well we had a fabulous storm last night, set off fire alarms, hit houses and there was enough rain to canoe down Palatine Road and out to sea...it was gloriously cold and wet, and I woke up again to find it glowing sunshine and friggin' boiling, bah. I thought it was supposed to cool down when the storm hit!? Naughty weather.
I found out that there have been people reading this, people I'd never have expected actually, Vinvolved people (helloooo Pat if you're reading) a couple of random friends that I don't speak to very often but have seen the link on my facebook- shocking. I'll have to behave I suppose... nah that'd be no fun. I like writing my randomness. Apologies if I annoy anyone, I suppose would be best.
The last few weeks have been extremely strange, truth be told. Volunteering, flu, for me and Spook...protests against the revolting BNP, anti-social behaviour (not breaking things, avoiding people) running rampant, and continuous money worries...I feel like I need a holiday.
Watching TV just recently is proving to be a bad plan. I like certain things, but daytime TV is becoming worse and worse. I watched a set of adverts earlier paying particular attention to the small print. There was a mascara, a mortgage, a hair dye, and a cholesterol lowering biopot.
Marcara ad: False lashes used. Completely useless.
Mortgage ad: APR 23%...an extra QUARTER OF A HOUSE.
Hair Dye ad: False hair used. Completely useless.
Biopot ad: Only works as a part of a calorie controlled healthy lifestyle...which would work WITHOUT THE BIOPOT.
So pretty much complete false advertising constantly, all day, then! Wonderful!
Now there is a diet programme o that is throwing around such amazing generalisations that I am gobsmacked. 'A womans waist should at the most, be 35 inches. '
...Dont even get me started. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment