Sunday, 5 July 2009

Poems.

I went to a poetry reading yeterday, which was very nice, but didn't actually dare read any of my own out, for various reasons, like small children being in the room ,and of course the other people being in the room, which kicks my stage fright into overdrive and smacks me upside of the head. It's an odd thing to have, I should probably cure it if I'm honest, but I've already let it make sure I'll never be a singer so I may as well sort of let it keep me off stages for everything else too. I'll leave you a poem, though, in recompense.


Tell me some new lies,
As I’m tired of the old ones,
I don’t want to feel pretty anymore.

Find me some strange tales,
I grow bored of the stories you tell,
No one ever really lives happily ever after.

Explore for me some new roads,
Let’s go a different way this time?
We could get lost, and have to find our way.

But don’t be afraid, when you step out here,
Your long famous, fabled comfort zone.
There’s nothing out here that can hurt you,
Nothing that can harm you, more than yourself.


Press your advantage now, before it fades,
And you fade too.
Back to your darkness.
Back to your lair.
Pretending you fear,
Just isn’t there,
As your life floats away,
Safe, flowing out of all reach.

I wonder how it feels,
Your distant life.
Lost and waiting to be rescued,
From it’s clumsy misstep...
Or was it pushed into the current?
Resigned to its distance,
Waiting to be recalled?
I can see it, from my spirits quayside.
See the sad eyes,
watching you sink into yourself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment