Saturday, 9 May 2009

Feeling my way in.

Well, another year another blog, it would seem. Though it's not strictly accurate; my old blog, on Yahoo 360 has seen me through the last five years, and the one before that lasted three. But the interest wanes, after such time has passed, and they are summarily abandoned by all but me.
This one wasn't my fault, this one is Dans (http://danshenton.blogspot.com/) fault, he started one and the little thingy here did it's sneaky 'go on, you know you want to, you only have to write your name'...and here I am.

Well, what to say about myself today. I would describe my day, generally but as it was one of the few I had all to myself until my partner sauntered in thirty minutes ago it's been rather dull, all conducted on messenger and media player. So I will talk about myself, albeit briefly, and see if I can make a respectable length article.

I am short, rotund, and obsessed by the colour black. The children and teens I work with term this as a goth, though I tend to disagree with them. I was once a goth, and it was extremely expensive, having to buy period costumes and shedloads of make up all the time got very inconvenient, so when I moved out of my parents house I settled down into a more casual, grungy state with only the few old relics from the dark days of my youth. So more of a mosher, in short. Certainly I go to rock clubs and dance late into the night, play too many video games, read miserable poetry, write terrible stories, dye my hair odd colours and listen to some very, very loud music. So there, a brief catergorising of my place in the modern sub-cultures that make up my age group. I really should be growing out of belonging to such tribes, but it isn't so just yet.

I have a rather smashing family, there are rather a lot of them but thats good, theres always someone to talk to. There are the grandparents, both sets, both still married, all a little insane, but we can cope with that.
Parents, also still happily married, both not quite as insane but they do try for the title of crackpot occasionally.
Just the one sister, who is as nuts as I am, I suppose...
Lots of uncles and aunts all over the place, and a veritable profusion of cousins from them.
We are ver bohemian in attitude, all socialists or communists, (apart from the newest aunt who is a prat but can't be helped.) all anti capitalist march attending protest loving punky types. Most recent ones are the UAF (Unite Against Fascism) protests to the BNPs atrocious comments and attempts to get into European parliaments.

You know about the films and books I read, as I've written them on my little profiley bit, so I can gloss over all that, for now, and move onto other minor obsessions.

Video games. I love 'em. RPGs mainly, but I'll mess about on FPS's and stuff sometimes.

Roleplaying Games are a passion of mine too, I'm big on escapism. The one I know best would be Vampire the Masquerade, having played the Toreador Primogen of Chicago for about five years, I learned a lot pretty fast. I also play Dungeons and Dragons, Exhalted, and have tried my hand at Marvel Universe and so on.

I sing. Oddly enough I sing quite well, having been taught for some twelve years but a very good private tutor. I had to stop due to funds, but I can still hold a tune. I tend to sing without noticing, which makes me look a real prat when out and about.

I listed my job as non-profit, which it is, as I don't get paid for it in terms of cash, but I do get to have a lot of fun. I work for Blackpool Tiggers, a charity for children with autism, and spend most of my voluntary hours spotting for them on the trampoline, making sure when over excited they cannot cannon ball off into oblivion. This is my joy and I gladly give my time to such a worthy cause. I sometimes work in the office for them and am completing a play and creativity course to be able to help run arts sessions for them too. My newest feather in the tiggery cap is my shiny first aid badge, and the request to write their volunteer newsletter, huzzah!
Soon, over summer, I will be working for a disable childrens playscheme, called STARS too. Summer is going to be amazingly busy...expect irritability.

Well, I think that will do for a brief peek into my life, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment